Monday, September 2, 2013

Fandom Life

Another piece I did for my new friend Cathie (another friend courtesy of having a boyfriend).  She's super geeky and nerdy like me so I had too many ideas for what I could do for her.  I was having a seriously hard time narrowing it down.  Really.  But then I found basically the best idea ever.  A combination of fandoms.  I found an image that did this, but it included Lord of the Rings, which Cathie isn't as huge of a fan.  So I switched it up and did something instead of LotR.  This was the result.

 

A Deathly Hallows of all things nerd.  A Star Wars lightsaber in Cathie's favorite color.  The sonic screwdriver of Cathie's favorite Doctor on Doctor Who.  An arrow for the Hunger Games.  The Elder Wand from Harry Potter.  And instead of the one ring, I took all the factions from the book (soon to be a major motion picture *squee*) Divergent.  Anyone who is a nerd like us, if you haven't read Divergent yet, DO IT. Seriously.  If you like HP and HG, you'll totally love Divergent.  But the factions go from the top: Amity, Candor, Erudite, Abnegation, and Dauntless.  Each section of art is based on the faction in the book. I should really start trying to sell paintings to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment