Monday, September 2, 2013

Oh, What Would I Do Without You?

My darling cousin Colette and I used to share the "finished" basement in the house.  When we first moved in last year, the basement needed some serious work.  We busted our asses and turned the basement in a beautiful, liveable space.  Bright yellow walls, furniture in coral pink and teal and gray, lace accents.  Since we each had our own side of the room, our sides echoed our personalities.  Colette's side was rustic chic with more lace and flowers and antique feel.  My side had black framed art and my full book shelves and black and white comforter so it was a bit edgier.  Anyway, now that I'm upstairs, Colette has the whole room to herself.  I wanted to do a piece for her to hang up that fit with her scheme.

 

The background is gray with some pink and blue accents.  I originally had the lettering in silver but it was really hard to see, so I went over it in gold.  The words might be hard to see.  It's the song "What Would I Do Without You?" by Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors.  The lyrics read "You've got your sunshine. I've got rainclouds.  You've got hope.  I've got my doubts.  Oh, what would I do without you?"  We deemed this our song a while ago when she played it for me and I realize she is a sunny and bubbly person and I am more withdrawn and prefer cloudy days.  So with that color palette in mind, this is what I created for my other half.

No comments:

Post a Comment