Monday, September 2, 2013

The Cake is a Lie...

If anyone has read a post from my other blog, it might be known that I spend my off days volunteering with Rape Response.  It's the career path I've chosen for myself.  Got a Master's degree and everything!  But obviously this is heavy stuff to deal with on a daily/weekly/monthly/yearly/life basis.  When you're an advocate who responds in these hard situations, you have to have a healthy outlet for yourself when you're done.  You have to go home after finishing a case and do something warm and fuzzy for yourself to remind yourself that the whole world is a dark and miserable bastard of a place.  That good people still exist, and not to give up on life.  What became that process for me was a painting.  And when I say painting, I don't mean real life stuff.  I can't shadow or shade worth a damn.  But with an idea and a color palette, I can create some original stuff.


This was the first piece I did, that started my art phase.  For anyone who hasn't played video games and hasn't heard of Portal 2 and hasn't played co-op, these are the characters you play through the game as: Atlas and P-Body.  Because my best friend Meredith and I are the shit (seriously, we are), we played through the game together and beat it in co-op.  So when it came time to do her birthday present, I knew what I wanted to do.  This. So I created this and sent it along.  Fyi, all artwork I upload on this blog is my own creation and completely freehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment