Monday, September 2, 2013

Special Topics in Calamity Physics

A while back, one of my best friends Kali recommended a book to me.  Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl.  From the title, I was unsure of what to expect.  If it was actually about physics, I knew I wouldn't enjoy it.  Because why would I want to read about physics if I don't study physics?  But I was happily surprised and it quickly became one of my favorite books.  Kali mentioned that she had something in her new apartment that she wanted to cover up, so I offered to create something for her.  For a while, we couldn't figure out what to do.  I was thinking a cd or album cover or maybe a book cover, when I finally realized what I obviously needed to do.

 

I recreated the amazing cover of the book for Kali to hang in her new apartment.  I was super pumped how it turned out because admittedly, I stayed up really late waiting for layers to dry so I could keep working on it.  This is one of my favorites I have created.  I have heard good things about Pessl's new novel Night Film so I'm putting it on my Christmas list

No comments:

Post a Comment