Monday, September 2, 2013

Fighting the Good Fight

As previously mentioned, I volunteer at Rape Response which is how this art therapy kicked off.  We do a lot of amazing things at the crisis center.  And I truly believe much of it couldn't be done without our fearless leader Meg.  She's got such a fiery and passionate spirit that you can't help but be inspired by her.  She's been an amazing role model for me the past eight months and I wanted to do something for her as a thank you for her leadership and being our mama duck at the center.  I had tons of quotes that I thought would be good for her piece.  I narrowed it down to two and eventually picked the one I thought was sassier.

I loved this saying and originally her piece was going to be a purple background with orange and yellow stars.  Well I screwed up and tried to fix it and it didn't look as good, so I put that one up in my room unfinished (much like life yes?).  And I started this new one for her.  I was much happier with this outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment